Thursday, April 3, 2008

Who should Marquette hire to replace Crean?

UNLV's Lon Kruger, Vanderbilt's Kevin Stallings, Xavier's Sean Miller, Butler's Brad Stevens and Wright State's Brad Brownell, and Washington State's Tony Bennett are all the major candidates for the Marquette job but I'm going to tell you who should be the next coach at Marquette.

Tom Crean was a passionate young coach whose attitude helped defined that team, bring in someone with a more lowkey attitude like an Al Skinner and that team would crumble, you need to bring someone in with that mojo. The answer therefore is Butler's Brad Stevens, who in his 1st year as Butler head coach led Butler to 30 wins and a NCAA tourney domination over South Alabama basically playing a home game, and taking Tennessee to OT. Stevens is very young, can recruit the Indiana and Midwest region. His ability to understand the current college player can't be underrated and clearly can be a great in game coach. He'll bring the passion that Crean did to Marquette only I think Stevens can do it better than Crean did.

-CJ
Comments or Criticism, send them my way at ccsportsblog@yahoo.com

1 comment:

The Div Kidjavascript:void(0) said...

Thanks for your input we should send each other traffic. I use intertops for everything but they don't have nba player props thats when i use bodog. I was 2-0 tonight, thanks again I only bet teasers I like being able to mess with the spread. keep in touch and if you haven't check out my main blog its a financial one:

dropoutinvestor.blogspot.com