Monday, April 7, 2008

Explaining my poll methodology

I know I could get a lot of complaints, so I am just going to say that I considered tournament success as the biggest factor in my rankings by far. I also tried to take into account head to head results where tiebreaking was applicable. I feel that if a team reached the sweet 16, they have proven themselves worthy of a spot in the top 25. Villanova, for example, went through a lot of rough times this year but they are a talented team and pulled it together when it mattered most, reaching the second weekend. Tournament success moved a team way up in my book, while tournament failure could easily tarnish a regular season that may have warranted a higher ranking (see Duke and Georgetown, as well as unranked teams UConn and Clemson to name a few)

Chris

No comments: